Bubbles Terms and Conditions
Welcome to https://www.lookupbubbles.com ("Bubbles"). By accessing Bubbles you are agreeing to the following terms, which are designed to make sure that Bubbles works for everyone (“users”).
Information about us
Bubbles is operated by Bubbles Online Services Limited ("We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08059522 and have our registered office at 4 Highridge, Alton GU34 1QN. VAT number is 142361147
We are a limited company.
Access to Bubbles is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on Bubbles without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason Bubbles is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of Bubbles, or the entire Bubbles, to users who have registered with us.
When using Bubbles, you must comply with the terms and provisions as set out within our Terms and Conditions.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to Bubbles. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access Bubbles through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Using Bubbles (general)
As a condition of your use of Bubbles you agree that you will not:
- violate any laws
- violate the Posting rules
- violate the Submission rules
- post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent material
- be false or misleading
- infringe any third-party right
- distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes
- distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Bubbles or the interests or property of Bubbles users
- impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of Bubbles
- copy, modify, or distribute any other person's content without their consent
- use any robot spider, scraper or other automated means to access Bubbles and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent
- bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to Bubbles
You are solely responsible for all information that you post and/or submit to Bubbles and any consequences that may result from this. We reserve the right at our discretion to refuse or delete content that we believe is inappropriate or breeching the above terms. We also reserve the right at our discretion to restrict a user's usage of the site either temporarily or permanently, or refuse a user's registration.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse Bubbles by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to Bubbles, the server on which Bubbles is stored or any server, computer or database connected to Bubbles. You must not attack Bubbles via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use Bubbles will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of Bubbles or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We work tirelessly to keep Bubbles working properly and its users safe. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us via email@example.com
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content and take technical and legal steps to keep users off Bubbles if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content or keep a user off Bubbles or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring Bubbles or for unauthorised or unlawful content on Bubbles or use of Bubbles by users.
Submission (bubbles) and Posting (quest) rules
The following rules apply to all users of Bubbles, in particular those who post a quest (“quester”) and those who submit a bubble (“bubbler):
- violate any laws, third party rights or our policies, such as Bubbles banned and restricted items policy
- use Bubbles if you are not able to form legally binding contracts, are under the age of 18, or are temporarily or indefinitely suspended from using Bubbles
- users should not submit content or items in an inappropriate category
- fail to deliver payment for items purchased by you
- fail to deliver items purchased from you, unless the buyer fails to meet the posted terms, or you cannot authenticate the buyer's identity
- interfere with other users' submissions
- circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to Bubbles
- post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous content (including personal information)
- take any action that may undermine the review / ratings system
- distribute or post spam, unsolicited, or bulk electronic communications, chain letters, or pyramid schemes
- copy, modify or distribute rights or content from Bubbles (including it trademark identity)
- harvest or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent
Prohibited Items - Statement
All listings and products must comply with UK laws and regulations and such other laws as may be applicable to you. To be exported the rules and regulations governing UK export and the import regulations for the country will apply.
OVERVIEW of banned/restricted categories (this is not an exhaustive list and may be amended from time to time):
- Adults only
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Embargoed goods and prohibited countries
- Firearms, ammunition, replicas and militaria
- Government identification, licences and (current) uniforms
- Government, transit and postal-related items
- Hazardous materials
- Items encouraging illegal activity
- Lock-picking devices
- Mailing lists and personal information
- Medicine and healthcare products policy
- Offensive material
- Police-related items
- Prescription drugs
- Prohibited services
- Stolen property
- Weapons and knives
BANNED ITEMS (this is not an exhaustive list and may be amended from time to time):
- Adult Material
- Animals and Wildlife Products - examples include live animals, mounted specimens, and ivory
- Catalytic Converters and Test Pipes
- Charity or Fundraising Listings
- Counterfeit Currency and Stamps
- Credit Cards
- Drugs & Drug Paraphernalia
- Drugs, Describing Drugs or Drug-like Substances
- Electronic Surveillance Equipment
- Embargoed Goods and Goods from Prohibited Countries (see below)
- Firearms, Weapons and Knives
- Gift Cards
- Government and Transit Documents
- Government and Transit Uniforms
- Government IDs and Licenses
- Hazardous, Restricted, and Perishable Items - examples include batteries, fireworks, and Freon
- Human Parts and Remains
- Items Encouraging Illegal Activity
- Lockpicking Devices
- Lottery Tickets
- Mailing Lists and Personal Information
- Manufacturers' Coupons
- Medical Devices - examples include contact lenses, pacemakers, and surgical instruments
- Mobile phone (Wireless) Service Contracts
- Multi-level Marketing, Pyramid and Matrix Programs
- Offensive Material - examples include ethnically or racially offensive material and Nazi memorabilia
- Police-Related Items
- Political Memorabilia
- Postage Meters
- Prescription Drugs
- Prohibited Services
- Recalled Items
- Slot Machines
- Stocks and Other Securities
- Stolen Property and Property with Removed Serial Numbers
- Surveillance Equipment
- Transit and Shipping Related Items - examples include blueprints of transit facilities, airplane operations manuals, and flight attendants’ uniforms
- Used Cosmetics
COUNTRIES (as may be amended from time to time)
A complete ban on all trade to the following countries:
- Burma (Myanmar)
- North Korea
Linking to Bubbles
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
Bubbles must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of Bubbles other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out herein.
If you wish to make any use of material on Bubbles other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Links from Bubbles
Where Bubbles links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Fees and Services
Using Bubbles is free, although in due course we may take steps to charge fees for certain services, specifically those relating to users who submit bubbles. If the service you use incurs a fee, you'll be able to review and accept terms that will be clearly disclosed at the time you post your bubble. Our fees are quoted in the local currency of your country, in the UK this means GBP £ (Pounds Sterling), and we may change them from time to time. We’ll notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on Bubbles. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service.
Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other collection mechanisms.
Refund & Returns Policy
At https://www.lookupbubbles.com we want you to be delighted every time you shop with us. Occasionally though, we know you may want to return items. If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to the seller in its original condition within 14 days of the date you received the item.
By law, customers in the European Union also have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date the item is delivered. We regret that cancellations of contracts for the purchase of video, DVD, audio and video games where the item has been unsealed is not permissible.
To cancel your purchase within the seven-working-day cooling-off period, please return your item to the seller, giving the reason for the return as "No longer required". Please package the relevant item securely and send to the seller - details will be in the order confirmation email.
For your protection, we recommend that you use a recorded-delivery service if the value of the return is more than 50 GBP.
Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the items unless it was delivered to you in error, or if the item is damaged or defective.
As soon the seller receives the item they will refund the relevant part of the purchase price for that item together with the item's normal postage charge.
For more information on your right to withdraw from your purchase within the seven working day cooling-off period, visit the Department of Trade and Industry's website. If you do not receive contact details to return an item please contact Bubbles by email in the first instance: email@example.com , or at:
58 Normandy Street
Tel: 0845 299 6399
Sellers are required to outline shop policies to include, for example, delivery and any returns not covered by the statutory returns policy. Sellers must create reasonable policies in good faith and must abide by such policies. All shop policies must comply with Bubbles site-wide policies. Sellers are responsible for enforcing their own reasonable shop policies. Bubbles reserves the right to request that a seller modify a shop policy.
Bubbles contains Materials and User Materials. With the exception of the Intellectual Property Rights in the Materials owned by a user or you, we are the owner or the licensee of all Intellectual Property Rights in Bubbles, such rights being protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. Content displayed on or via Bubbles is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute or modify content from Bubbles without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in Bubbles. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of Bubbles (other than your own content). When you upload content to Bubbles, you are granting us and representing that you have the right to grant us, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to such User Materials.
Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). A large number of very varied products are offered on Bubbles by private individuals in the UK. Entitled parties, in particular the owners of copyright, trademark rights or other rights owned by third parties can report any offers which many infringe on their rights, and submit a request for this offer to be removed. If a legal representative of the entitled party reports this to us in the correct manner, products infringing on the intellectual property rights will be removed by Bubbles.
Reporting an infringement
To report any infringement please take a note of the product or service title, the users nickname and the time the infringement was noticed. Send as much information as you can to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on Bubbles are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. As most of the content on Bubbles comes from other users, we do not guarantee the accuracy of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what's offered. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees. You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do.
We do not review users' postings and are not involved in the actual transactions between users.
In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
We cannot guarantee continuous, error-free or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected. While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the availability of our services.
Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of Bubbles, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you. Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability in tort, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 100 Pounds Sterling.
Transactions concluded through the Site
Contracts for the supply of goods or services formed through Bubbles, by our associations with certain third parties, shall be governed by such third parties’ own terms and conditions of supply.
Resolution of disputes
If a dispute arises between you and Bubbles, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by going to Bubbles’ Help page. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
These terms and the other policies posted on Bubbles constitute the entire agreement between Bubbles and you, superseding any prior agreements.
This Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of England and Wales. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us must be resolved by the courts of England and Wales. You and Bubbles both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts; for claims falling within the jurisdiction of a County Court, you and Bubbles both agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the County Court of Guildford.
If we don't enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement in our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below.
We may update this agreement at any time, with updates taking effect when you next post or 30 days after we post the updated policy on the site, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us.
Competition Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions, together with the terms and conditions that are specific to any Competition (as defined below) (the 'Competition Terms') are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the Competition Terms shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Terms and the Standard Terms, the Competition Terms shall prevail.
Each competition will indicate the period entries will be permitted. Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in these Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. Entries submitted before or after these times will not be accepted.
How a competition winner or winners are chosen will be indicated at the time of promotion.
How and when the competition winner or winners are notified will be indicated at the time of promotion.
Competitions are only open to any UK resident. Persons who are resident outside of the United Kingdom may not apply. Competition prizes will only be delivered to an address within the United Kingdom.
Entrants are limited to one entry unless otherwise stated. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault.
- The Promoter of this competition is Bubbles Online Services Ltd, Alderney House, 58 Normandy Street, Alton, Hants, GU34 3RE.
- The Promoter’s choice of winning entrant is final. No correspondence will be entered into and no process of appeal is available to entrants.
- The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity of any entry. Entries failing to comply with these rules will not be accepted.
- Entry to the competition and acceptance of the prize gives the Promoter permission to use the Winning Entrant’s name for promotional purposes without payment. The Promoter does not have to contact the Winning Entrant to obtain specific consent for such use.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any costs, expenses, loss or damage suffered by the Winning Entrant arising out of the possession or use of the prize and liability for any defects in the prize remains with the manufacturer.
- Third party and bulk entries are not permitted.
- Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition (including the Promoter); or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
- Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
- The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
- The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Company & Contact Details
Bubbles Online Services Ltd - Registered in England No. 8059522
To contact Bubbles please email: email@example.com
If you have any concerns about material which appears on Bubbles, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 27th October 2014